Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Roasted Peppers with Orange Zest and Olives

Along with the Pepper-Jack Chicken I made for dinner tonight, I tried out a new recipe from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook: Roasted Peppers with Orange Zest and Olives. Overall I liked this recipe, but would probably use a little less orange zest. I cut the recipe in half since it was just the two of us eating, but forgot to half the amount of orange zest I used.


Ingredients:

2 large bell peppers - I used one red and one yellow, julienne style.

1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 large garlic cloves - finely chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

12-15 green olives
- halved
1-2 tablespoons of capers - drained

Grated zest of 1/4 navel orange


Over medium heat,
combine the olive oil, garlic and peppers. Once they've softened up, add the red wine vinegar, olives, capers and orange zest. It doesn't really matter how long they cook. The longer they stay on the heat, the more enhanced the flavors will turn out. After the peppers softened, I turned the heat to low and left them on for about 30 minutes while I prepped and cooked the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment